Saturday, February 9, 2008

Nursing Care Plan (NCP) Books

NCPs are part and parcel of nursing.

I highly recommend these books which I used extensively when I was still studying.
I presume that the books I listed are readily available in your school library.

If not, GO ASK THEM TO BUY!

This is a random list or books that I remembered to be using.

-Nurse’s Pocket Guide by Doenges, et al (I have this one, very handy. However, most interventions lack rationale)
-Nursing Care Plans by Doenges, et la
-Maternal/Newborn Care Plans by Doenges, et la
-Nursing Diagnosis Manual by Doenges, et la
-Psychiatric Care Plans by Townsend & Doenges
-Nursing Care Plans by Gulanick & Myers (Very clear, extensive)
-Delmar's Pediatric Nursing Care Plans by Karla Luxner

Online NCP Constructor by Elsevier. Very useful. Promise. HERE.

If you are very resourceful, you can also use your medical-surgical books.

No comments: